On The Scent Terms and Conditions
Please Read Carefully
Whilst we want you all to enjoy our classes and above all have fun we do need to have a few terms and conditions so here is the very important information which we would like you all to take on board please. When you sign the booking form you are stating you fully understand the terms and conditions.
1. NO SMOKING whilst on the premises.
2. ALL dogs MUST BE KEPT ON LEAD unless instructed otherwise as we have livestock and cats here on the premises.
3. PLEASE bring your own pooh bags and clear up after your dog and TAKE IT HOME with you and dispose of properly. DO NOT dump it in the countryside.
4. DRIVE DEAD SLOW 5- 10 mph through the yard leading to the ‘On the Scent’ car park as workers, children and dogs use the same yard regularly.
5. Bring water for your dog(s) especially in the warm/hot weather and a deck chair for yourself if you want to sit around the ring and not in the car and a drink for yourself too.
6. DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG for at least 3 HOURS before doing training and make sure you rest your dog for at least 1 hour after exercise/training before feeding your dog, this is because dogs can have a stomach torsion which is life threatening.
7. AGILITY DOGS MUST WEAR a flat/rolled collar and clip on lead(but you may also have a slip lead/gentle leader on the dog whilst waiting your turn if its easier for you to control it)with no name tags or bling attached.
PUPPIES MUST WEAR a collar. We also suggest a ‘rigid’ harness as apposed to a controlling harness for toy breeds and very small puppies and a training lead. We suggest Lizzie at Sewing Habit and her details maybe found on my link page of this website.
OBEDIENCE DOGS MUST WEAR a collar with a training lead attached.
NO CHECK CHAINS, PRONG COLLARS, E-COLLARS and NO FLEXI LEADS ALLOWED. Make sure your dog has a name tag with your contact details on. This is required by law.
8 A. Bring tasty high value treats like boiled chicken especially for puppies, liver cake(see me for the recipe), mild cheese, ham and try to vary it. NO boring kibble or hard biscuits as dogs forget why you have given them the treat by the time they have eaten it. NO SHOP BOUGHT TREATS. Please note; IF your dog is on a special diet then be advised by YOUR VET.
8 B. Bring a toy that you only get out when you are going to interact with your puppy/dog. Not a toy which is left out for them all the time.
9. NO BITCHES IN SEASON ALLOWED to attend classes. They must be clear for at least 5 days before returning. You will not be charged for bitches not being able to attend during this time.
10. DO NOT allow your dog to pee up any of the TRAINING EQUIPMENT or the CONES OR CLIMB ONTO THE ARENA WIRE.
11 A. We do suggest that you all give yourselves space between you and the neighbouring dog and that you avoid allowing your dogs to eyeball each other as this is how sparks fly. You are responsible for your own dog and its behaviour. We strongly advise EVERYONE takes the mindset and assumes that ALL dogs are REACTIVE rather than all dogs are friendly as sadly today the public assume all dogs are friendly hence the increase in dog fights and people being bitten!
11 B. We also suggest that you keep entrances to premises, the training ring and shed doorway clear, again to prevent sparks flying between dogs. DO NOT FEED ANOTHER HANDLERS DOG without the handlers permission.
11 C. It is very important that you accept responsibility for your own dogs behaviour. Should you allow your dog to invade another dogs space he/she may get bitten as the dog on the lead may feel threatened and On the Scent will not be held responsible.
11 D. As we train outside on an enclosed field, it is advised that everyone attending the venue wear sensible shoes and clothing as the ground is uneven and there are holes. We will not be held responsible if you fall and injure yourselves. Equally if during the classes you are asked to do anything you are not happy with eg walking backwards, letting your dog off lead etc then please feel free to decline.
12. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE and give us at least 24 hours notice by telephone if you are unable to attend a class at any time. With regards to the agility 48 hours notice is appreciated as when there are fewer people we will do one large course.
ANYONE WHO DOES NOT ATTEND THEIR CLASS FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS WITHOUT NOTIFYING US WILL BE DEEMED AS NO LONGER REQUIRING THEIR PLACE AND WE WILL OFFER IT TO SOMEONE ELSE. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN.
13. ALL classes are run on a ten(10) consecutive week basis. Please pay by CASH on the day for which a receipt will be given or by BACS PAYMENT FOUR DAYS BEFORE START/RENEWAL DATE to SORT CODE; 09-01-50 ACCOUNT; 04830024 OR by CHEQUE payable to; ON THE SCENT.
14. CLASSES BEING CARRIED FORWARD; We will only carry a class forward for the following : a bitch in season, spaying or castration and holidays providing we have at least TWO WEEKS notice.
15. HOLIDAYS: We DO NOT carry holidays forward UNLESS you WRITE it on the Booking Form when you join OR on the Renewal Slip at the time of renewal. DO NOT embarrass yourselves by asking.
ARRIVING TO CLASS: Please arrive 10 minutes before your class is due to start so you can get your dog settled as we do start on time and this saves disruption to other clients and their dogs.
REFUNDS : Once you have booked and paid for your chosen course REFUNDS are not given.
OTHER SUGGESTIONS: It is a great idea to exercise your dog BEFORE attending the classes as this will take the ‘fizz’ out of them before taking part in the class.
CONTACT for training: telephone number; Sophia 01359 233049
At ’ON THE SCENT’ we teach responsible dog ownership and hope you will all continue to promote this once you leave our classes.
We now accept three yearly vaccination boosters providing it is with the licensed vaccine. However, Lepto must be done annually. We do not insist dogs are vaccinated against Kennel Cough as there are several strains of this.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR FIRST TRAINING CLASS YOUR DOGS UP TO DATE VACCINATION CARD AS FAILURE TO DO SO WILL MEAN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PART AND MAY BE SENT HOME IF WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTACT YOUR VET.
Wet or bad Weather
Checking classes are taking place:
We ask all clients to please telephone 01359 233049 EVERY WEEK AFTER 9.15 am on SATURDAYS and AFTER 10.15 am SUNDAY TO FRIDAY and not before to check if classes are taking place.
PRIVATE CLIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED IF A LESSON NEEDS TO BE POSTPONED.
IF the class is cancelled there will be a message to this effect. Classes may be cancelled due to bad weather where we are or in the event of emergencies. We will not be held responsible for a wasted journey.
THANK YOU AND HAVE FUN !!!